We enjoy helping you stay out of trouble and conserve your time and money. We have successfully done so at thousands of properties, and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
James - We should have a standardized cluster of images (photos or words) we use in all of the sections in which we mention the sources of trouble.
Asbestos is very highly regulated, lawsuits regarding exposures to it are common, and it causes disease and death (typically many years after the exposure ended). We perform asbestos surveys / inspections to determine which materials in a building contain asbestos, prepare asbestos management plans to reduce liability and allow for compliance with laws and regulations, develop sensible project designs or work plans to minimize the time and expense required to remove materials which must be disturbed, assist our clients in hiring abatement contractors who do good work at good prices, then monitor and document the work to reduce liability and keep the work on schedule.
Our inspections are thorough, so contractors know that they should not plan on receiving change orders which add significant time and cost to the project for which we are the consultant. This may seem like the norm, but many contractors have told us that they routinely encounter situations where surveys or inspections were not adequate, leading to change orders and unexpected delays for owners and property managers.
Asbestos was widely used in many building materials, with the peak in the number of common materials containing asbestos occurring during the 1960s and 1970s. Asbestos was still used in many common building materials through the middle to late 1980s, despite some mis-information claiming that the year 1980 is somehow significant. While many asbestos containing materials have been banned, and usage of asbestos has dramatically decreased, it is still legal to sell and install some materials which contain asbestos, including such common materials as roof coatings and exterior stucco.
You do not need to waste your time and money finding and retaining multiple consultants to deal with asbestos and other issues, as we provide all of the other related environmental consulting services you may need.
Tanks, Flues, and Boilers
The silver coating on the bottom layer of roll roofing in this photo from a retail building contained asbestos. We take care to check for such layered materials, as missing them can lead to expensive change orders, delays, and increased liability.
Smooth Asbestos Paper
(at penetrations, joints, and on ducts)
There was a layer of non-asbestos 12" x 12" vinyl floor tile over two layers of 9" x 9" vinyl floor tile in this building. We take care to check for such layered materials, as missing them can lead to expensive change orders, delays, and increased liability. Elsewhere in the same building, there were layers of plywood over layers of old asbestos floor tile. Our senior experienced consultants know that such layered materials may be present, and take the time to check for such situations so that our clients receive the quality and value they deserve.
- The Orange County, California Great Park (City of Irvine)
- Hangar 340 Complex, North Island Base on Coronado Island
- 333 S. Hope High-Rise in Los Angeles, CA
- Pacifica Hospital Complex Macy’s Plaza, Sheraton Hotel, & Verizon Center High-Rise Complex
- Stater Brothers Distribution Center in San Bernardino(former Norton AFB)
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Cellular / Wireless Site Inspections
- Airport Noise Abatement Projects
- City of Ontario, California
- City of Oceanside, California
- City of National City, California
- The Hacienda - La Puente Unified School District
- The Corona-Norco Unified School District
- The Fontana Unified School District
- The Redlands Unified School District
- Macy’s Plaza, Sheraton Hotel, & Verizon Center High-Rise Complex
- Office Building at 100 S. Vincent in West Covina, CA
- Buildings 473, 518, 523, and 529 at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, New Mexico
- New Housing Area, Former Navy Training Base in San Diego
- 444 Market St. High-Rise in San Francisco
- The Oakland Coliseum and Arena